Hypnobirthing – What’s in it for Dad’s?
Dads let’s face it (especially if you are a first time dad) it’s unlikely that you feel that involved with all this pregnancy business and that’s ok! We understand. At the moment it’s all about mum and the growing bump, which may include crazy mood swings and food cravings. The thought of being dragged to a baby class may fill you with dread. Then your significant other tells you she would like to do Hypnobirthing. Hypno . . . . Birthing? Sounds even worse, doesn’t it! Well here’s some ‘what’s in it for me’ tips for all of the Dads out there:
• Understanding the Science – Hypnobirthing classes spend a good proportion of time going over the science of birth including how the muscles and hormones work. You will also learn how the mind can either facilitate or work against the body and how this impacts the labour.
• Your purpose – in a Hypnobirthing partnership, the Dad is the protector. You will have a number of jobs at different stages of the birth to protect mum and baby, giving you a defined role and a sense of direction in what could be seen as a daunting process.
• New Skills – You will acquire a new set of skills including relaxation and questioning techniques. You that you can take these new skills with you into the rest of your life
• Knowledge – As you are no doubt aware, ‘Knowledge is power’. If you are a facts and figures kind of guy Hypnobirthing will give you the up to date facts and information to enable you to make informed choices for you and your family.
• Empowerment – By combining the new skills and knowledge you will feel able to make a positive impact on your baby’s birthing experience.
There is method behind the madness and you can understand this at the same time as your partner. After all, you wouldn’t run a marathon without training, so why go into labour without the knowledge and skills to make it as easy as possible.
Thanks for reading Hypnobirthing – What’s in it for Dad’s?
If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us here or on 07399 405578.